A note about giving. Unless other wise designated by the donor, all funds are placed in the general fund and used for the greatest area of need as determined by the Ebenezer International Ministries’ Board of Directors.
1. Prayer – We believe in prayer and this is a ministry that has truly been built on prayer. We have seen God move in Ethiopia in ways that are truly miraculous and we believe it is because of prayer. Please pray.
2. Personal Support – Haile & Tsedale need an adequate, consistent source of income for their personal living expenses. They live completely by faith, and are totally dependent on the generosity of those who God leads to support them.
3. Churches – With tens of thousands of people being saved in Ethiopia, there is a need to build churches so that these new converts will have a place to gather and be discipled. A church can typically be built for about $5,000.
4. Pastors Conferences – Christians in Ethiopia need to be trained, shepherded, and minister to, just like anywhere else, and this cannot be adequately done by short-term teams. Well trained and well grounded pastors are a necessary. Ebenezer International Ministries, Inc. has begun to sponsor pastors conferences to help meet this need. It costs approximately $2,000 to conduct a conference for about 100 pastors.
5. Bibles – There is a tremendous need for Bibles in Ethiopia. They are scarce and they are precious. Even many of the pastors don’t have a Bible. Sometimes pastors have portions of the Bible which they share among themselves. Bibles can be provided for $5.00 per copy. You may donate to this project on our Contribution page. Be sure to put a note in the PayPal form to designate it for the Bible project.
6. Vitamins – The children at Cross Pointe School need vitamins. Your contribution to Ebenezer International Ministries, designated for purchase of vitamins, can help meet this need.
7. Paper – Printing Bibles and Christian literature is an important part of the ministry and the print shop faces a constant shortage of paper. Your contribution to Ebenezer International Ministries, designated for purchase of paper, can help meet this need.
8. Displaced Children Scholarships – The number of children on scholarship at Cross Pointe Christian Academy has risen to 200, plus .It costs $35 per moth to scholarship a student. This provides tuition, books, school uniforms, and meals while at school. $20 per month will provide the school uniform.
9. Multi-Purpose Building – There are future plans for a much needed multi-purpose building on the campus of Cross Pointe Christian Academy. Among other things this building would be used as an office, temporary housing for mission teams, a center for youth events, a training center for pastors and church leaders, and a meeting place where multiple churches can meet together
10. Teachers – Cross Pointe Christian Academy needs international (U.S) teachers. If you are a certified teacher and are willing to teach for a school year at Cross Pointe, please contact us.
11. Print Shop/Office Space – Up until recently, Haile has been renting space for the print shop. The lease on the facilities continues to rise and has become excessive. Construction has begun on a facility to house the print shop and office space for Ebenezer International Ministries, in Ethiopia.